Last Updated: October 2, 2020
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Mailing or street address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number and other contact details;
- Age or date of birth;
- Credit card information;
- Your device id, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, ip address and standard web log information;
- Details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- Any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with Us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information in a number of ways, including:
- When you register on our website or app or mailing lists;
- When you open an account with us and purchase goods from us;
- When you communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- When you interact with our sites, services, content and advertising;
- When you invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business;
- from third parties, such as our related entities, business or commercial partners, credit reporting bodies, wholesale or other customers, or your representatives; or
- from publicly available sources of information.
Why Do We Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website and services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive
Do We Use Your Personal Information for Direct Marketing?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our service. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information Outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to cloud and service providers located outside of Australia.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Using Our Website and Cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
How We Keep Your Personal Information Secure
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of all personal information we collect. This involves protecting it from misuse and loss, as well as from modification and disclosure.
The electronic databases that hold information as well as our internal systems are also designed to restrict access to only those people who require specific information. We will not allow other customers access to your information or account details.
In addition, your personal information is only kept while it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or for any other permitted purpose.
Your Ability to Access and Correct Information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to access the information we hold about you, you are welcome to contact our Privacy Officer and we will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time. Please contact our Privacy Officer at the address set out below.
You can also request that information about you be corrected or deleted. This is part of our commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You have the right to request that personal information about you be corrected or deleted. If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date please contact our Privacy Officer so that we can revise our records as soon as possible.
Right to Refuse Access or Correction
We reserve our right to refuse your request for access or correction if, for example, we consider your request to be frivolous or vexatious, or if we are legally entitled to do so. If we refuse your request, we will give you our reasons.
Making a Complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact our Privacy Officer.
Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, you may also be able to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
AGPRO Australia Pty Ltd
Mail: 3730 Harmony Way Harcourt VIC 3453
Phone: 1300 121 131